Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Nokia 6585 and StarOne

In December, I applied for a Star One number because they had a special offer with free registration and other things. I received the RUIM card on 30th December 2004 but I couldn't use it because I haven't got a handset.

I went looking for a suitable handset that could accomodate my needs. I browsed the Nokia Asia-Pasific website to see all available models. I set my eyes on Nokia 6255, a full-feature flip phone. Unfortunately, it was not available in Indonesia yet. Finally I chose Nokia 6585 because it was great for texting.

When I wanted to buy the Nokia 6585 handset in early January, all the stores didn't have any stock...all sold out.

Last Sunday I went to the mall to see whether it was available. I went from one store to another and it was either sold out or offered at relatively a higher price. Finally when I found that one store had two handsets available, I just bought one. I was able to get it at a reasonable price too.

I think the increase of price could be the result of higher demands or stores waiting for a price increase in near future. I believe it is latter.

Anyway I got my phone already. The next few days, I will be customising it to suit my preferences.

Lessons:
1. Do your research before buying anything.
2. Seize the opportunity when you see it. Don't let it pass by.
3. Sometimes you need to make a decision fast.

Learn and Grow!

No comments: