Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The Mystery of a Wooden Box


What's inside the box?

Yesterday I saw this small wooden package sitting on my desk. I was curious to know who sent me this mysterious looking package. The sender was my mum!!

I called my mum asking what's inside the box. She said that it was just a small gift. Then I asked her the reason for securing it with wood and nails? Mum: "Wood?? Nails?? I didn't ask them to use any wood or nails."

It turned out that the wooden panel was the courier's initiative because my mum said that the content was fragile. My mum was afraid that if she didn't emphasis it was fragile, the package would be thrown and tossed around.

I really appreciate their initiative and customer service, as well as for having the customer's need in mind. Thank you!

Lessons:
1. Take the initiative to give the best service to customers
2. Walk the extra mile to help your customers
3. It is better to take the extra precaution rather than regretting it later

Learn and Grow!

No comments: