Saturday, January 08, 2005

Another Mixed Up

The story about liquid soap reminded me of another incident that happened to my sister.

A few months ago my mum received a Mark&Spencer gift set from a friend. It was a personal care set with Rose fragrance. My mum gave the body lotion to my sister. After using it for one week, my sister complained that the body lotion was not very good, her skin still seemed dry, even itchy sometimes. My sister stopped using the body lotion and returned it to mum.

When our family went to Singapore for a few days, my mum brought the Rose body lotion with her. After my sister had a bath, she asked whether mum had any body lotion to use. My mum gave her the Rose body lotion again. When she started to use it, she noticed her skin foaming. Alas, it was not a body lotion! It was liquid soap! My sister started screaming and calling us to see what happened.

When we saw what had happened, we just started laughing so loud, we just couldn't stop laughing. My sister who was shouting and blaming mum started to laugh too. It was so funny! I think it was our family's most hilarious moment of the year!

No wonder my sister got dry and itchy skin, she had "moisturised" her skin with liquid soap for a week.

As for me, I was wondering how my mum and sister didn't realise that it was liquid soap before. My mum thought it was a moisturiser because on the bottle it was written "moisturizing your skin". My sister also didn't check because mum said it was a body lotion.

Lessons:
1. Always read the label carefully before eating, drinking or even using something
2. Be curious even suspicious if you get an opposite result to what is supposed to happen
3. Have laughing moments with your family. Those are the best in life.

Learn and Grow!

No comments: