Friday, June 06, 2008

The Principle of Abundance

Last night I had a profound insight about ABUNDANCE.

We've been lead to believe in scarcity, that THE PIE (wealth pie, resource pie, etc) is limited. If there are more people eating the pie, everybody will get less. The scarcity mentality believes that there isn't enough of everything for everybody. This scarcity mentality discourages sharing and giving because if you give, you'll have less. I used to believe in it, but my experience in the last week taught me that there is actually abundance for everybody everywhere.

Do you remember my post on May 29th, 2008 when I won vouchers from Gramedia just by sitting in front and asking question during Adi W Gunawan's seminar? I shared my vouchers, worth Rp. 25,000 each to four teachers sitting near me. Then today I won a voucher from Sekawan worth Rp. 110,000. I used this voucher to buy three books for door prizes, so it would bless three more people.

The same amount of money Rp. 100,000 going around and around through me, has made me happy at least 9 times and enabled me to help seven people to have a book. Why happy 9 times? First time, I was happy when I won the Gramedia vouchers. Then four times when those teachers were thanking me. The sixth time when I won the Sekawan voucher. Then another three times when these people won a door prize. Total 9 times HAHAHA I believe that there will be more happiness to come.

Imagine that a simple act of asking question and sharing can start a chain reaction of blessing to so many people. Simply Awesome!

Another lesson that I learned from this - the principle "the more you give, the more you receive" is real and it is a catalyst for abundance. By sharing what I receive instead of keeping it for myself, I've helped to bless many people along the way. I actually received 10% more than I gave in term of money value and priceless feeling of joy, being blessed and appreciated.

Whatever blessing you have received from God, be happy to share with others...God will provide and make it grow so that there will be abundance.

Learn and Grow!

1 comment:

Venna Wongko said...

Sama seperti ember yang sudah penuh pasti akan tumpah isinya agar ada tempat untuk di isi kembali, begitu juga berkat yang kita peroleh baik bentuk material maupun lainnya, bagikan kepada sesama agar ada tempat untuk di isi kembali. Dan ada kelegaan dan kebahagiaan yang tidak ternilai.