Monday, June 16, 2008

Release Any Attachment to the Results of Good Actions

Yesterday when I re-attended Silva Method Basic Lecture Series, I drew a message card and on the card, it was written:

To reach out with love, to do your best and not be so concerned with results or outcomes – that’s the way to live.

I release any attachment to the results of my good actions.

This card rings so true to my situation at the moment. I’ve been so worried about what the outcome would be if I took any action. I worried about whether I would fail and disappoint people, whether I would be good enough to do what I wanted to do, and so on. This fear prevented me from taking action and moving forward. My fear of getting hurt also stopped me from reaching out with love. Living with these fears is like being trapped in a vicious circle because the more I don’t take action, the worse I feel about myself and this feeling makes me doubt myself and my abilities to take actions.

What do I learn from this? Living with fear is NOT the way to live! I’ve had enough! No more!

Now is the time to live my life!

Last week I dreamed that I was given just one more year to live. If it is true, what kind of life will I have in the next 365 days? What will I do in the next 365 days? Time suddenly becomes so precious and I must live my life to the fullest, make a difference, leave a legacy!

Now is the time to live my life!

I don’t want to worry about what will happen later because nobody can actually predict or know what is going to happen in the very next moment in life anyway. I just do my best in everything that I do and reach out with love and let God take care of the outcome.

I want to share this story with you because I want you to ask yourself the same questions.

How do you really want to live your life? What kind of life do you want to create for yourself and for the people close to you?

Have you live your life to your best potential? If not, it’s not too late. You still have today to something about it. Do it now! 

Learn and Grow!

1 comment:

Venna Wongko said...

Sharing yang bagus, hal ini mengingatkan saya untuk take action,dan jangan berpikir terlalu panjang untuk result yang akan diperoleh. Lakukan yang terbaik. Seperti salah satu mentor saya pernah katakan kerjakan segala hal dengan 100%.