Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Decluttering Process

IMG_4282-2

In the last few days, my sister and I have been decluttering our rooms. We are far from finish but as you can see in the photo, we’ve collected more than 10 boxes already. By this time next week, we will probably have more than 25 boxes ready for the garage sale.

Most of my stuff are electronic gadgets and sport equipments while my sister’s are clothes, hats, belts, handbags, accessories. Looking at our stuff, you can see how different we are.

How does this decluttering process make me feel?

  1. I feel lighter because I have less junk living in my drawers. I do not have that nagging feeling of having to clean up or organize the mess.
  2. I feel productive because I can find things quickly and easily. I know where to find everything because everything has its place.  
  3. I feel happy because I found things that I thought I had lost like my awesome Spyderco knife below. This is my favorite when I started collecting knives 10 years ago. spyderco knife
  4. I feel excited because we are going to have an awesome garage sale next week. Not only we’ll get some money from the sale, we will also help the environment by recycling our stuff.
  5. I also feel some regret because I realize that I had bought too many stuff on impulse. If I had only learned money management earlier, I would have been wealthier now. HAHAHA Learning from my past mistakes certainly makes me feel better now.

I will keep you informed on our decluttering process and what we learn.

Learn and Grow!

No comments: