Tuesday, July 13, 2004

When do you expect to get a stroke?

For the last couple of days, I've been having migraines. I thought it was ordinary migraines so I just took panadol to relieve the pain. I usually only need one or two tablets of panadol and the pain is gone. The last few days however, it was different because even after two tablets the throbbing was still there. Yesterday I finally decided to go and see a doctor.

The doctor took reading of my blood pressure twice...the first one was 140/90, still unsure he took another reading...wwhoooaa 150/100. I said: IMPOSSIBLE!! It can't be right! The doctor let me rest for a few minutes, then he got one of the nurses to take another reading. The nurse took the first reading (with disbelief expression), the second reading, then another...finally she said: 150/100. I said: HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?!
High blood pressure?? NO, it can't be true. However the fact remains: it's true :(

The funny thing is what the doctor said: you are so young, yet have such high blood pressure, when do you expect to get a stroke?

Excuse me, doctor...but I don't intend to get one :)

I suppose a change of lifestyle is in order :)

Lessons:
1. Take care of your health!
2. Sometimes it takes a shocking thing to happen to make you realise that something is important and that it demands your attention.
3. Reduce stress! Take it easy!
4. Don't strive for perfection...excellence is enough :)

Learn!

No comments: