Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Placebo Effect

IMG_4070

Faith can heal!

Yesterday someone at the office came to ask for some medicine. She said she had an allergic reaction to salted fish she had eaten during lunch. She said that she could feel heat and redness on her face. She was afraid that it’d spread to her whole body. Since the office did not have those kind of medicines, they had to buy it first.

When I heard her story and I saw that her face was not even that red, I told her that I might have the medicine that she needed. I went to another room and got a sugar tablet out of my mint container. I gave her the tablet and told her to take it with water straight away. I told her that it should work quite fast, and if she was still not well after an hour, then she could take the other medicine.

After an hour or so, other staff at the office told me that she was fine and she did not need to take the medicine. She said that she was feeling well after taking the pill that I gave her.

Hmmm…since she believed that the pill would work, it did! Her faith has healed her.

What a placebo effect!

It does not mean that you should not take your doctor’s advice or prescription, but it shows how faith can help you to heal better.

Learn and Grow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great story!! Faith healed the lady's anxiety (she was not really allergic as her face wasn't red).

What could be more interesting: would the placebo (faith) heal her if she was really sick?

I am inclined to think that great placebos (faith) can heal great illnesses. Would it be interesting to experiment this? Let me know if another of your employee drops by again!