Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Airport Check-In Jam

Yesterday my flight to Solo was at 6.05AM. I arrived at the airport at 4.50AM. It was more than 1 hour before take off. I thought there would be enough time to relax and drink cappuccino in airport lounge. WRONG!

When I arrived at the airport and walked to the door leading to check in area, there was a very long queue. There was only one door open serving so many passengers. The queue was more than 10 meters long snaking on both side of the door. I was queuing for more than 15 minutes there before being able to get in into check in area.

When I got into the check in area, I immediately raced to Garuda Frequent Flyer counter for Platinum and Gold Card. There were about eight people queuing in front of me. The first person checked in swiftly, but the second one took ages. Apparently she had upgrades, overweight luggage and she didn’t have enough cash with her so she needed to get her husband to get cash.

There were still three people in front of me when they announced that my flight was boarding. I immediately cut in line and asked the person to let me check in first because my flight was boarding. Fortunately these guys were very understanding and they let me check in first.

Once I got my boarding pass, I ran all the way to the boarding gate. Whew…early morning exercise done!

Lessons: Arrive at least 2 hours before take off!

Learn and Grow!

No comments: