Saturday, April 02, 2005

Doctors' Hippocratic Oath

I always think that medical doctors are special people who are committed to help others. They help others to live better physically, mentally and emotionally. I know a lot of great doctors who take the Hippocratic Oath very seriously and practice medicine with a lot of dedication. I have a great respect towards them.

Recently I had a bad experience with one doctor. He was very cunning and deceitful. Instead of making things easier for others, he created problems and made people very upset. I've never thought that a doctor could do something like that. Does he not remember his Hippocratic oath? Does he think that taking the oath is just a meaningless ritual? I wonder what would become of him in the future. May God have mercy on him!

I believe that integrity is very important. Integrity is about walking the talk. In this case, it is about living according to the oath taken. Only by living with integrity that other people will trust you. Once you violate that trust, it is hard to regain it.

Lessons:
1. Live with integrity, especially the integrity of your profession.
2. It is not the profession that defines a person, it is the character that defines a man.

Learn and Grow!

No comments: