Sunday, July 06, 2008

One of My Favorite Series

IMG_2161

Yesterday I found one of my favorite series – She Tiao Ying Xiong (Sia Tiau Eng Hiong) in DVD format. I was so happy to finally found it because I’ve been looking for it for years. Although it is a bit expensive, but it is definitely worth it.

Although there are many re-make of this series, with better sound effect, younger stars, but I simply love the original. I don’t know how to describe the feeling but I am sure that classic movie lover out there will understand the feeling. I think it is because the images and sounds just bring me back the treasured memories of my younger days. 

I remember the first time I watched it was when I was in primary school, about 20 years ago. My friends and I usually watched together after renting it from our local video store. The format back then was still Betamax video tape (ancient…ancient…HAHAHA). We would sit in front the TV watching it with full concentration. Sometimes we didn’t hear our parents’ calling us because we were so engrossed in it. After watching, we usually played and acted out the characters…it was our favorite game.  

When I think about it, playing pretend-to-be is really beneficial. It exercises our imagination and it develops the skill of modeling. Nowadays, mostly during NLP training, we are taught about modeling success, act as-if…the same skills as what we have naturally when we were young, just more directed and focused. It’s like re-learning what we used to do naturally when we were young, and I wonder why we are willing to pay so much money for the training HAHAHAHA

Advice for parents, let your children play pretend-to-be as long as they want, just direct them to play more positive characters.

Learn and Grow!

No comments: