Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My Great Grandparents’ Graves

Bong great grandparents

This morning my parents and I went to my great grandparents’ cemetery at Kentingan, Solo. I’ve never been there before. It is my first visit. The place is very serene and peaceful. I like it there.

We were lucky that today is school application day, so there were not many beggars there asking for money along the road. I heard that usually there were so many of them and they only accepted Rp1000 note.

The lady who takes care of these cemetery is very old. She’s an 80-year-old granny and she looks really healthy for her age. Everyday she walks there to sweep, cut grass and pull weeds making sure that the place looks clean. She also makes sure that the surrounding land is safe from squatters.

Learn and grow!

No comments: