Friday, May 23, 2008

My Experience Teaching Year 5 Students - Part 1

IMG_1472

In the last couple of months, I taught Chinese language for Year 5 students in a private school in Solo. It was a very interesting experience.

There are about 150 students divided into five classes, so each class has around 30 students. I remember when I was in primary school, our class was quite big, at least 40 students in one classroom.

At first I thought I could handle the students well, then just after two days I found out that I was not adequately equipped to handle these students. I could see, hear and feel how different these students are from what we used to be when we were still at school. These students were so active, courageous and loud. Frankly, there was no moment of silence nor being still.

I wonder whether this is a similar situation to what other teachers experience in other classes or in other schools. If there are any teachers reading this, would you please write your experience in the comments? I would love to hear how other teachers would handle this situation.

Learn and Grow,

Inge Santoso

No comments: