Saturday, July 30, 2005

John C. Maxwell - Maximum Impact

I have subscribed to Dr. John C. Maxwell's Maximum Impact, a monthly lesson about leadership for more than two years. Every month I received one audio lesson and its accompanying notes. Although I've always enjoyed listening to those audio lessons, I've never had a special attachment to it. But it all changed when I attended Dr. John C. Maxwell' s seminar in Jakarta on 18 July 2005. During the third session of the seminar, he did a recording of one Maximum Impact lesson. A few days ago, when I listened to this month lesson, I could visualise myself being there and be a part of it. Suddenly listening to Maximum Impact lesson has a special meaning for me.

From this experience, I also learn the importance of recognising our learning style and how it helps us to learn faster. I am a visual person and being able to visualise myself in the seminar room listening to this lesson helps me learn better. I usually find it hard to understand a lesson just by listening. This experience gave me a new dimension. I am glad that I attended that seminar.

Lessons:
1. It is important to know whether you are a visual, audio or kinesthetic person because it will help you identify your learning style. The appropriate style will help you learn better, faster and more effective.
2. A personal experience has a profound impact.
3. Personalise your service to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Learn and Grow!

Inge Santoso

No comments: