Saturday, July 11, 2009

Afformations – Asking Empowering Questions to Change Your Life

I’ve been reading the book “The Secret Code of Success: 7 Hidden Steps to More Wealth and Happiness” by Noah St. John. I want to share with you the first step to success, that is using afformations instead of affirmations.

An affirmation is a statement of something you want to achieve or to be true in your life. For example: “I am rich”, “I am happy”, “I am smart”, etc.

As Noah did, I’ve also been doing affirmations, declarations, and autosuggestions for years. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t work. After reading Noah’s book, I understand why sometimes the affirmations did not work, it was because I’d been saying those statements that I did not believe in. For example, when I affirm “I am thin, I am thin, I am thin” – inside my head there is a little voice saying: “Yeah, right!”, “B.S”, “When were you ever thin?”  Hahaha. No matter how many times I repeat the same statement, that little voice keeps me from believing that statement.

Fortunately there is a better way! Instead of using statements to change our lives, we can use QUESTIONS to do it.

We think by asking question and answering the questions. The way we think is like putting a question to a search engine in a computer and the computer gives us answer after searching its database. Whatever questions we ask, our mind will give us the answers. That’s why it is so important to ask empowering questions instead of disempowering questions.

Afformation is about asking empowering question instead of disempowering ones.

Four steps to create afformation that can change your life:

  1. Ask yourself what you want.
  2. Form a question that assumes that What You Want is already true
  3. Let your mind search for the answer
  4. Take new actions based on your new assumptions about life

Some examples of afformations:

  • Why am I so happy?
  • Why am I so wealthy and rich?
  • Why am I good enough?
  • Why am I so smart?
  • Why do I have the courage to do what I love?
  • Why do I enjoy so much success?
  • Why am I so blessed with such a wonderful and happy family?
  • Why am I so lucky to find my soul mate so quickly?
  • Why am I beautiful and attractive?
  • Why am I living a purpose-driven life?

How will you know when it’s working?  - Try it and see what happens!

I’ve been doing afformations for a week now, I feel happier and more grateful about many things in my life. I’ll share more after I do this for at least a month.

Since we are already asking questions to ourselves all the time anyway, I am asking you to try afformations (asking empowering questions) and share your experience in the comments.

Learn and Grow!

Inge Santoso, B. Com

3 comments:

Noah St. John said...

Inge: Thank you very much for your wonderful review of my new book.

I'm delighted you're enjoying Afformations and The Secret Code of Success.

Your readers can also get the first 3 chapters of The Book of Afformations (free) at

Afformations.com

Ask away :)

~Noah St. John

Unknown said...

Thank you Noah for your comment. I am so grateful and happy.

Why am I so happy?
This is the first time that an author actually wrote a comment on my blog.

Awesome!

sandrainc said...

Great blog Inge
My name is Sandra from UK and I just read the first three chapters of Noah's book.
I discovered Afformations yesterday.
Your body goes into happy mood/vibe when said with passion.
For many people its the missing link to changing thier minds for the better.
When I say "Why am I so happy" the phrase...yeah right never shows up.
This really is the practical how and its fun...
Happy Afformations