Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Millionaire Mind Intensive Singapore Day 2

The second day of the seminar is more interesting than the first one. There are more hands-on experience and application of what we have learned.

The most memorable moment for me was when we did a pattern interrupt. I had a negative belief about money that when my parents gave me money, I was going to lose it. Harv Eker asked us to visualize and reflect how these negative beliefs had cost us in life, then intensify the feeling…while we were doing it very seriously, he played a recording of people giggling and laughing. When I heard it, I actually started giggling, I even found it hard to stop laughing because other people also started laughing in waves. I could not hold the image in my mind anymore, the negative pattern was interrupted! Whenever I think about this negative belief, I just start to laugh all over again.

I’ve done pattern interruptions in other seminars before this one. This is by far the most effective!

I felt to so relieved to get rid of this one belief because it has haunted me for years. I used to feel so guilty when I ‘caused’ my parents to lose a large amount money in several investments in the past. I said ‘caused’ because my parents invested the money to help or support me. The ones that hurt the most was the FYI investment. Although they made the decision to invest by themselves, yet I felt guilty because if I were not a factor, then they would not have made that investment. There were other investments that I also felt guilty because I thought I had influenced them to start and I did not try hard enough to stop them when it did not work out. So much guilt and burden to carry around, but yesterday I finally released them. I feel so much lighter afterwards.

I believe that this feeling of guilt has stopped me from taking bigger responsibility and reaching my potential because I was afraid that it would happen again. The mixed emotions of guilt, fear and hurt had confined me in my comfort zone. No more! Now I am free!

Learn from my mistake and grow!
Inge Santoso

No comments: