Friday, August 29, 2008

My Lucky Sweater

lucky sweater

While clearing old clothes for donation, I found this Popeye family sweater. It used to be my favorite sweater when I was in University. I considered it my lucky sweater and I always wore it during exams. I believed that wearing it would get me good marks. HAHAHA.

I also used to have a lucky bath towel that I used during exam week. I remember, one day my sister used that towel and then washed it during an exam week and I was so mad because of it. She tried to apologize by singing “Please forgive me for washing your kelincimu” (my towel has a picture of rabbit on it).

Although I knew that wearing the sweater and towel would not do me any good if I didn’t study for the exam, they helped me to create a favorable state of mind. Believing that I was lucky was more important than the sweater or the towel itself. It’s the belief that creates the reality.

What do you believe? How do your beliefs shape your reality right now?

"Whether you believe you can, or you can't, you are right" - Henry Ford

Learn and Grow!

1 comment:

Venna Wongko said...

Setelah membaca artikel ini, saya lebih memperhatikan kebiasaan- kebiasaan saya, apakah saya melakukan hal tersebut juga. Saya setuju dengan yang diucapkan Henry Ford, semua tergantung pikiran kita. Jika kita yakin dapat melakukannya, pasti dapat kita lakukan.