Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Journey from Solo to Jakarta

map solo jakarta

The journey from Solo to Jakarta was completed in 13 hours including a lunch break in Pekalongan. We left Solo at 7AM and arrived in Jakarta at 8PM.

The road from Solo to Jakarta was not as bad as I thought. There was basically no traffic jam other than the road from Cikampek to Jakarta. The road was also quite busy from Solo to Semarang, but only because it was peak office hour.

It was a pleasant journey. My friend and I had a good time sharing stories…getting to know each other a lot better.

I also enjoyed the scenery, especially when I saw the shore of Java Sea coming into sight. For the most of the journey, it was green farm lands on both sides of the road. Indonesia is actually really beautiful and I wonder why people do not appreciate it more.

I would like to have another road trip and next time I will take the time to stop and take photos for these beautiful scenery.

Learn and Grow!

PS. Thank you to our driver, Mr. Sutiman who has made the trip a safe and pleasant journey.

1 comment:

Venna Wongko said...

Traveling melalui darat sebenarnya menyenangkan. Apalagi kalau santai jalannya tidak terburu oleh waktu.