Thursday, June 26, 2008

Whistle While You Work – Heeding Your Life’s Calling

I have just finished preparing for my presentation which will be held at GSJA Injil Sepenuh tonight. The topic is “Whistle While You Work, Heeding Your Life’s Calling” based on a book with the same title by Richard J. Leider and David A. Shapiro.

whistle while you work

Last week, I prepared the presentation on different topic “Living a Positive Life” but two nights ago, suddenly I felt that the topic of heeding life’s calling was more appropriate.

The objective of the seminar is to understand the importance of motivation and to have a motivation to serve. I believe that living our life’s calling is the ultimate motivation because when we do what we are called to do, what we are good at, what we love to do, then the motivation is automatically there.

While preparing for this topic, I did the exercise of finding my calling card. The exercise really helped me to clarify my calling. My calling is to put things together and to advance ideas that empower others to discover and develop their potential through performing events.

When I asked my family and friends to do the exercise, they also found it very valuable. It can be an eye-opening experience for some people because they can see how everything seems to fit together. I’ve also seen people having an A-HA moment when they realize what their calling is, sometimes for the first time in their lives.

I have the desire to help more people to discover and heed their callings through seminars and coaching so that I can take part in making this world a better and happier place.

Learn and Grow!

1 comment:

Venna Wongko said...

Bekerja dengan hati yang senang membuat pekerjaan jadi lebih menyenangkan dan dengan ringan kita menyelesakan pekerjaan tersebut.