Wednesday, June 04, 2008

New Bed and Good Night Sleep

dunlopillo

Last week we bought a new Dunlopillo Backsafe mattress, divan and headboard to replace my old bed. I wanted to get a new mattress because the old mattress was too soft and it did not support my back. This time, I specifically asked for a very firm mattress that would support my back, thus avoiding back pain. The divan and headboard were bought as an afterthought because I loved leaning on the headboard when I read at night.

The bed was delivered two days ago and I've had such a good night sleep two nights in a row. In the last two days, I woke up about one hour later than my usual wake up time at 5AM. My family commented that it was because of the new bed being too comfortable.

I believe a good night sleep is very important because it is the time when our brain processes and re-organizes information that we receive during the day. It is also the time when our body detoxifies and rejuvenates to prepare us for the next day. (Ahem, my excuses for sleeping longer HAHAHA)

What do I love about this bed?

  • It is firm and hard, yet soft and comfortable. I don't know how to explain it, you just have to feel it yourself
  • It provides independent support so that when I twist and turn, I do not disturb the person sleeping next to me
  • I was told that it is low allergenic and pollution-free. It has anti-microbes properties and resistance towards dust mites, mould and bacteria. It is basically healthy.

Although it may be a good investment in the long run, but I still feel it is a very expensive purchase. If I want to rationalize this purchase, I would calculate the daily cost over a period of time. It costs me 50 cents a day. The question is...Would I pay 50 cents a day for a good night sleep? Well, yes! Would you?

I am looking forward to having good night sleeps in the days to come.

Learn and Grow!

No comments: