Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Uncluttering and Organizing My Books

Bookcase

Yesterday I spent the whole day uncluttering and organizing my personal library.

My book collection has grown considerably over the years. At the moment I have more than 1000 books excluding fiction and comics. I really love books and I rarely go to a bookshop without buying at least one book.

I've been crazy about reading since I was small and able to read. My reading habit is mostly shaped by my parents who encourage me to read as much as possible since I was very young. I remember how my parents only allowed me to use my pocket money to buy books. They also gave me unlimited budget to buy books when I was at school. They even taught me how to open and manage my own book rental when I was in primary school. I believe that parents have a very big role in shaping their children's reading habit.

Lessons:
1. Develop your children's love and respect for books and knowledge

2. Become a role model for your children, have a reading time together instead of watching TV.

3. Have a personal library at home and encourage them to take part in growing and organizing the library

Learn and Grow!

Inge Santoso

No comments: