Friday, September 30, 2005
Roger Hamilton's EBS Bali 2005
I attended Roger Hamilton's Entrepreneur Business School in Bali last weekend. It was great. I met a lot of interesting people and learned a lot in four days.
Lessons that I've learned:
1. When a team is going through a storm, the way out is to fully support the leader with the vision regardless how imperfect the vision is. When all the team member can accept the leadership, the teamwork improves considerably.
2. Everything happens for a reason. There is no coincidence. You are here for a reason.
3. When a situation seems bad, do not lose sight of the big picture. Persevere with your vision.
4. Sometimes you may feel guilty when you have to fire someone, but it may be the best thing that can happen to that person. The people voted out of our team turned out to be winners in their new teams.
5. If something good happens, go straight to gratitude. If something bad happens, go straight to acceptance.
6. You can have your defining moments anytime in your life. It is usually when you least expect it to happen.
Learn and Grow!