Saturday, June 26, 2004

Anger

I lost my temper.

The story:
This morning I put in 2 rolls of films to be developed and printed. They asked for a deposit, I gave them the full amount instead. This evening when I asked my driver to pick up the photos, they said that I hadn't paid for those photos. They said I had to pay before they gave me the photos. When they said that I had not paid nor put any deposit, I lost my temper and started speaking harshly. At the end, they checked and found that they were mistaken. They found the invoice for the full amount I paid.

I haven't lost my temper like this for a long time. After I gave this incident more thoughts, I regret what I did. I shouldn't have lost control of myself. What's worse was that I lost my temper in front of many people. At the end, I called the shop assistant and apologised for speaking so harshly.

Lessons:
1. Anger is usually followed by regret and guilt
2. Don't lost temper in public :)
3. Don't be afraid to admit and apologise for your mistakes
4. Hmm remember PMA
5. Be proactive and not reactive to any situation

Don't make the same mistake...Learn my friend!

No comments: