Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Perfume

Yesterday I went to a department store to buy something. There are lots of store assistants offering various perfumes, Bvlgari, CK, Gucci, and many more. They all wanted me to test, sniff and smell...some even grabbed my arm when I wanted to leave the shop. I wonder whether they are either so motivated or so desperate.
Anyway when I tried some of the perfumes...there was one specific scent that reminded me of someone...in an instant, the memories, sensations, and feelings all surfaced and affected me immensely. All of the sudden, I was angry and upset! Imagine that! Just one specific scent and all my emotions went crazy, reacting so fast.
THAT IS AN "ANCHOR"!

One specific thing, it may be a sound, touch, picture, smell or taste...and it can instantly affect your body, your feelings, your emotions.

Are you aware of all the anchors inside of you? may be NOT...but try to identify as many as possible so that you won't be so reactive to outside stimuli. If you know the anchors inside of you, then you'll be more proactive and you can start learning to master yourself.

Learn and Grow!

No comments: